About Me

My photo
Like most people, I love to eat. I love to cook. And as of a year ago on Dec. 26th...I love to do it all in a healthy way. I'm living proof that all you have to do is change minor things in your life and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. In one year, I changed how I ate (portion control), what I ate (not a lot of fried food, more veggies, less alcohol and sugars) and added a little exercise in my life (3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes). And at the end I am 52 lbs lighter :) That was 3 years ago… and I've kept the weight off. These recipes have helped me keep it off and are easily adaptable for any and all diets. Just use a little imagination and let your stomach guide you :)

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thanks for stopping by...now what can I get for you?

For the last few months, I have been pondering creating a cook book. I've made hand-written ones for friends, handed out several recipes and cooked many different things for friends and family. 

So this year, I'm doing it. 


Every paycheck, I budget out how much money Nathan and I are going to spend on food (which for him is most of the monthly budget after bills come out). I look at different sites like southernsavers.com and e-meals to see what i kind of food is going to be on sale. Plus, I cut a few coupons here and there (I am in no way an extremist with coupons, I use maybe 5 at a time and only buy things I am going to use, not stockpile items I will never need).  After figuring out if chicken is on sale, or Campbell's soup is having a special, I sit down and create a menu for our house for about 2 1/2 weeks. Nathan has exactly 1 day to tell me if he wants to change anything on the menu before I go to the grocery store (if not we argue about what's for dinner every single night lol). 


A lot of the recipes I am going to post I've found on Pinterest, recipe sites, or even my own creations and I've tweaked a little bit to make them taste even better. I'll try to put in ways to substitute different things to make them healthier/ low carb/ low calorie when I can (most of them I can thanks to a full year of living healthy and losing 37 lbs).  With all that said...good luck and welcome to dinner at the Beatty's :)



Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment