About Me

My photo
Like most people, I love to eat. I love to cook. And as of a year ago on Dec. 26th...I love to do it all in a healthy way. I'm living proof that all you have to do is change minor things in your life and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. In one year, I changed how I ate (portion control), what I ate (not a lot of fried food, more veggies, less alcohol and sugars) and added a little exercise in my life (3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes). And at the end I am 52 lbs lighter :) That was 3 years ago… and I've kept the weight off. These recipes have helped me keep it off and are easily adaptable for any and all diets. Just use a little imagination and let your stomach guide you :)

Thursday, January 24, 2013

My better-than-honeybaked- Ham Recipe

Crockpot and Oven...still just as good :)






What you need:

Ham roast (i bought one at kroger, pre wrapped, and they opened it and cut it in thin slices for me)
2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard


Oven Version

1. Cook ham about half way through
2. Mix all other ingredients in bowl
3. Pour over ham and return to oven
4. Finish cooking
5. When removed from oven, spoon glaze from bottom of pan back on top of ham (glaze will be really thin but it will soak into the ham while it cools

Crockpot Version

1. Put ham in crockpot
2. Mix all ingredients in bowl
3. Pour over ham
4. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8-9 hours


If you are short on time, the pre-cooked hams work just as good...its all in the glaze, I promise :) 

Just put your ham in a roaster and pour glaze over and heat in oven...maybe 15 minutes later its delicious :)


Ps... serve on rolls for parties, breakfast or get togethers! I like Kings Hawaiian Rolls personally :)




Healthy Options:

1. Instead of brown sugar, add 1/3 cup honey with 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2. Use low sodium soy sauce
3. Brown spicy mustard works too, and gives it a different flavor (still just as good)


No comments:

Post a Comment