About Me

My photo
Like most people, I love to eat. I love to cook. And as of a year ago on Dec. 26th...I love to do it all in a healthy way. I'm living proof that all you have to do is change minor things in your life and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. In one year, I changed how I ate (portion control), what I ate (not a lot of fried food, more veggies, less alcohol and sugars) and added a little exercise in my life (3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes). And at the end I am 52 lbs lighter :) That was 3 years ago… and I've kept the weight off. These recipes have helped me keep it off and are easily adaptable for any and all diets. Just use a little imagination and let your stomach guide you :)

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Baked tastes-like-fried chicken

The only way to describe this chicken is delicious...if you have eaten at chic-fil-a, you already know what it taste like :)


What you need:

4 chicken breast (either whole, striped for tenders, or cubed for nuggets)

1 cup pickle juice 

2 eggs


1 cup flour

2 tablespoons sugar

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon msg (Accent, leave it out if you prefer)

1/2 teaspoon oregano

1/2 teaspoon basil

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1. Marinate your chicken in the pickle juice for one hour.
2. While you are waiting, in a separate bowl, mix flour with all spices
3. In a third bowl, beat both eggs together
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
5. Remove chicken from pickle juice and place in egg wash bath
6. One at a time, roll in flour-spice mixture and place in a greased casserole dish
7. Bake until golden brown (I like mine extra crispy so it will have a reddish look to it)
8. Enjoy with ketchup :)

Tonight I served the chicken with baked potatoes and cheddar broccoli wild rice  

Healthy options:

1. Instead of sugar, add 1 teaspoon of honey to egg wash bath
2. Forget the salt, the other seasonings will more than make up the flavor
3. Forget the flour. Mix the seasonings together and sprinkle it on the chicken in the casserole dish. 

And you can always fry it :) 

they use peanut oil, 

I use extra virgin olive oil 



No comments:

Post a Comment