About Me

My photo
Like most people, I love to eat. I love to cook. And as of a year ago on Dec. 26th...I love to do it all in a healthy way. I'm living proof that all you have to do is change minor things in your life and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. In one year, I changed how I ate (portion control), what I ate (not a lot of fried food, more veggies, less alcohol and sugars) and added a little exercise in my life (3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes). And at the end I am 52 lbs lighter :) That was 3 years ago… and I've kept the weight off. These recipes have helped me keep it off and are easily adaptable for any and all diets. Just use a little imagination and let your stomach guide you :)

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Chicken Eggrolls

Up first: Bring on the buffalo

What you need:

1 lb chicken boiled and shredded (or 20 oz can shredded chicken)
1 regular bottle Frank's redhot sauce
1 package eggroll wraps (found in produce section beside the tofu)
1 package broccoli slaw (optional, but it gives it a nice crunch and you can't taste it)
1 8 oz sour cream tub
1 packet hidden valley ranch powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil

What to do:

1. mix chicken with bottle of hot sauce
2. mix sour cream and ranch packet in separate bowl
3. lay flat one eggroll wrap
4. spread the ranch mixture on to middle of wrap (how much depends on your taste)
5. spread some of the broccoli slaw in the middle (I use about 1 Tablespoon per roll)
6. add some chicken mixture (I use 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons, but again, it depends on your taste)
7. roll according to package (it says to bring on corner to the middle but mostly over the stuffing, bring in the corners on the side to make it look like an envelope, and then finish rolling up. To seal, dip your finger in water and rub the edges of exposed corner like you are wetting the fold of the envelope.)
8. paint with olive oil and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown
9. serve with remaining ranch dip (if you mix 1/4 cup milk to already mixed dip it will thin it out and be more salad dressing like)


Bring on the BBQ

What you need:

1 lb chicken boiled and shredded (or 20 oz can shredded chicken)
1 small bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
1 cup shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar)
1 package eggroll wraps

Made same as above, mix chicken and sauce, layer on eggroll wrap, add cheese, roll up, paint with olive oil and bake until golden brown

Sorry no pics...we ate before I could take one at the super bowl party :) enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment