About Me

My photo
Like most people, I love to eat. I love to cook. And as of a year ago on Dec. 26th...I love to do it all in a healthy way. I'm living proof that all you have to do is change minor things in your life and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. In one year, I changed how I ate (portion control), what I ate (not a lot of fried food, more veggies, less alcohol and sugars) and added a little exercise in my life (3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes). And at the end I am 52 lbs lighter :) That was 3 years ago… and I've kept the weight off. These recipes have helped me keep it off and are easily adaptable for any and all diets. Just use a little imagination and let your stomach guide you :)

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Crockpot Chicken


Set it and forget it dinner...always turns out great :)

What you need:

3 cups rice 
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 lb cubed chicken breast
1 cup water

Mix all in crockpot and set on low for 8 hours 

Alternate options:

Instead of white or brown rice, use the flavored rice sides (usually like $1 at Kroger). I love the chicken and broccoli and the mushroom rice together

Add veggies into it like carrots, broccoli, peas, green beans, mushrooms, and asparagus (wait and add the asparagus when it has about 2 more hours to cook so you don't over cook it)

If you use the flavored rice packets, you can just add water (add what package calls for) and the chicken and that cuts out some of the sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment