About Me

My photo
Like most people, I love to eat. I love to cook. And as of a year ago on Dec. 26th...I love to do it all in a healthy way. I'm living proof that all you have to do is change minor things in your life and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. In one year, I changed how I ate (portion control), what I ate (not a lot of fried food, more veggies, less alcohol and sugars) and added a little exercise in my life (3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes). And at the end I am 52 lbs lighter :) That was 3 years ago… and I've kept the weight off. These recipes have helped me keep it off and are easily adaptable for any and all diets. Just use a little imagination and let your stomach guide you :)

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Easy Peasy Shrimp Scampie

Which of course...I don't eat shrimp. So Nathan is beyond thrilled that I am cooking this for him. (Figured I could since I'm on a fruit only diet today)


Shrimp Scampie

What you need:

1 lb raw shrimp (I found a bag that was peeled, de-tailed and de-veined for $5 at Kroger)
1 regular bottle Italian dressing
2 lemons
2 Tablespoons honey
1/2 cup melted butter
your favorite pasta (I made enough for 2 people to eat)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon parsley
splash of balsamic vinaigrette 
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper

Two ways to cook it though....

What to do for baking/ stove top cooking:

1. Mix 3/4 italian dressing, honey, and shrimp in a bag and let marinade for at least 1 hour.
2. Slice lemons and layer them on baking pan (save 1/4 of one lemon and set to side)
3. Remove shrimp from marinade and layer them on top of lemons in pan
4. Pour melted butter on top of shrimp in pan
5. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top and bake at 350* for about 10-15 minutes (or until shrimp is done)



6. While shrimp is in oven, boil and cook pasta.
7. While pasta is boiling, pour remaining italian dressing into separate pan on stove.
8. Add olive oil, parsley, vinaigrette, and sugar and bring to boil
9. Let boil for about 5 minutes
10. Drain pasta
11. Pour sauce into pasta and stir to coat the noodles and set to side
12. Remove shrimp from oven (when done cooking) and place on top of pasta



What to do for.....Crockpot!! (yes, you can believe it)

1. Mix italian dressing, parsley, 1/4 cup butter, vinaigrette, sugar, salt and pepper into crock pot
2. Add noodles
3. Add shrimp
4. Squeeze 1 1/2 lemons on top
5. Mix it all together
6. Slice the other 1/2 lemon and layer on top of all
7. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours (if cooking on high, stir every 30 to 45 minutes)

Enjoy :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment