About Me

My photo
Like most people, I love to eat. I love to cook. And as of a year ago on Dec. 26th...I love to do it all in a healthy way. I'm living proof that all you have to do is change minor things in your life and you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. In one year, I changed how I ate (portion control), what I ate (not a lot of fried food, more veggies, less alcohol and sugars) and added a little exercise in my life (3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes). And at the end I am 52 lbs lighter :) That was 3 years ago… and I've kept the weight off. These recipes have helped me keep it off and are easily adaptable for any and all diets. Just use a little imagination and let your stomach guide you :)

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Melting BBQ Ribs

These things literally melt off the bone… Good luck trying to eat them before they fall apart :)
And yes, I cooked them in the crock pot.
Honey BBQ Ribs

3lbs pork baby back ribs
salt and pepper
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup (the real kind… not Aunt Jemima)
1/4 cup apple sauce (I use the cinnamon kind)
1 tablespoon hot sauce

1. Generously salt and pepper the ribs and lay them in the crock pot (I curled mine into a C shape around the edged with the meaty side on the outside.
2. mix all other ingredients together and pour on ribs, completely covering them
3. cook on low for 6-8 hours until meat is done (mine cooked for 7 hours and by then you could see the meat falling off the bone).
4. Remove from crock pot and let set for 5 minutes before eating.
5. Don't forget the napkins and baby wipes :)

*If you want more sauce to stick on the ribs, you can mix either 1/4 cup brown sugar or 1 tablespoon cornstarch into the sauce mixture before pouring it over the ribs*

No comments:

Post a Comment